paramedic school on Dec 22.

I am in need of assistance on tips with the testing process. I have taken
the Denver area DRCOG multiple times and the FireTEAM test with a few
departments. My concern is that I can't seem to "figure out" the FireTEAM
test and on Dec. 3 I am taking it again for the department that I said I
was going to work for when I start this career path. I have scored in the
low to mid 80s when I have taken this test in the past and would love to
improve by at least 10 points. I score above average on the DRCOG test,
high 80s, but again need to look at that test differently to improve.

Any help that you may be able to provide is appreciated and I have just
begun looking at your website.

Thank you,

Ken

Ken,  I have tried to research your question and what I am coming up with is:  the practice test at the FireTEAM site is $22. and from what I can find out those who have taken the practice on line say that the questions are similar yet different and the practice questions seems to be a little easier that those questions on the actual test.

In terms of the different sections of the test I am being told that the best advice to success is to pay close attention to the comments of the proctors and you should have no problems.

According to what I have been told the best course of study is to review IFSTA Essentials and other firefighter exam test prep books for general questions and to get into the testing mode.

Of course the best course of action to being successful with any firefighter written exam is to: relax, refresh, and reflect.  Meaning, after a written test you need to return to your vehicle, where you have a fresh bottle of water, a pen and paper.  Try and relax and refresh yourself.  Then start to reflect and write down every question you can remember from the test.  If you can also remember what your answer was write it down too.  After you write as many questions as you can remember it’s time to head for home.

Once you are home it's time to review your questions and how you answered them.  Do research and find the correct answers and keep them close for review.  This way before you take another test you can review the question you already know and be ready for them.  After the test repeat the: Relax, Refresh and reflect.  This is the best way to improve your written scores.

It is also super important that you get adequate rest the knight before the test and diet can make or break you please review this FCBlog for some insight on what to eat on testing day http://firecareers.com/blog/what-to-eat-on-test-day/  by Dr. Jen...

Good luck Ken let us know how things turn out...