Community Forum

Forum Home  /  Academies/Certifications  /  Regional Occupation Programs (ROP)

Regional Occupation Programs (ROP)

Hi, I'm interested in learning more about ROPs. I have heard it's possible to get the Firefighter 1 certificate through an ROP instead of going to an academy.

Does anyone know if this is true?

If anyone has any light to shine on this or can point me in the right direction to more information about ROP's that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

I viewed several sites and this one talks about being able to challenge the Wildland Firefighter Cert.  but fails to mention anything about receiving or challenging the Firefighter-1 Cert.

Doug, I posted your question to our Facebook page and some people have left you comments, some ideas and a question.  Check it out...