Community Forum

Forum Home  /  Open Forum  /  LA City FCA test ( firefighter candidate assessment)

LA City FCA test ( firefighter candidate assessment)

Hello all, 

I just signed up for the FCA test which I will be taking in a few weeks. I recently applied to LA city fire, and they require this test is passed as well as the physical CPAT test. I cant find any info on the FCA test. Anyone taken it, or know what the multimedia part of the test is like, or what to study? Thank you in advance. 
Dustin

I was just looking for the same thing... I went to  "testprep-online" and they have a packet that is supposed to be geared towards the PSI/FCT. I am personally just trying to review all testing general subjects; Reading comp, math/ word problems, mech apptitude, spatial orientation, memorization, ect... the cool thing about the testprep-online is they have a packet that offers information/insight on the psychological profiling portion... That probablly doesn't help you too much but thats about as much as I've found out. Good luck!

Good advice. I also recommend getting ahold of a few good prep books. Becoming test savvy is the best way to raise a score. I can count on less than one hand the number of applicants who can walk into a firefighter entry-level test without any preparation and score high enough to move to the next step in the hiring process. You might like to check out www.publicsafetyprep.com.