Community Forum

Forum Home  /  Ask Firecareers!  /  Would i be lying?

Would i be lying?

I am currently on my paramedic "internship" with LA City and am told that im doing well, i`ve also been told to put in an interest card with the personnel department and checking the "paramedic" box and not the "emt" box...my question is; although im doing well and will hopefully be finished in 20 shifts, and have pretty much finished school will this be considered a LIE on my background? To be kicked out of the process because a date does`nt line up would be pretty traumatic.
Thanks for any input/advise.
Stay safe, stay low.
From "somebody trying to do it right".
:quest:

Many departments are allowing candidates to test and apply as medics if they are in the process. Ask first.
www.eatstress.com

888-238-3959

Fire "Captain Bob"

The next Firefighter test for the City of Los Angeles is not anticipated until early to mid-2003. No deadline for filing Official Notification Cards has been announced.

My personal advice?

Stay focused on your Paramedic internship and on becoming a great Paramedic. You cannot afford any distractions at this important time.

While I would not suggest dallying for months on end, you can certainly wait a few weeks while you successfully complete your field internship. You can then with a full and clear conscience, check that box that says "Paramedic".

Congrats, good luck - and please tell your preceptors that I send my warmest regards!

Those interested in learning more about an LAFD career can [url=http://www.lafd.org/recruit.htm]click here[/url].

Stay Safe and Be Well!

Brian

Please no e-mail. Public replies only. Thank you!
This message was edited by lafdpso on 12-2-02 @ 9:05 AM

Since my last posting, a date for the next LAFD written exam has been announced.

[url=http://www.firecareer.com/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=11&Topic=1530]Please click here for details[/url].

Brian

This message was edited by lafdpso on 12-11-02 @ 9:35 AM

Brian, thankyou for the info on the written. I was fortunate enough to hear the news from the BC at morning line-up...what "AWSOME" news.
It was written in the bulletin that current LA City members are encouraged to become "mentors", how does this program work? Who can i talk to? Any info would be well recieved.
With the upmost respect to you Brian. Thanks again.

[quote]It was written in the bulletin that current LA City members are encouraged to become "mentors", how does this program work? Who can i talk to?[/quote]

The men and women of the LAFD are informally being encouraged to broaden the support they have historically offered to those who have shown an interest in joining the agency.

In his written memo, Deputy Chief Mario Rueda specifically mentioned "support and coaching to develop a resume in the areas of employment history, education, involvement in the community, special training in related areas, and/or training in the emergency medical field."

Chief Rueda speaks of "resume" not so much in the sense of a document, but as a dynamic background that will help to prepare candidates for the service of the City in decades to come. It remains a daunting task for both mentor and protoge, but a fulfilling endeavor for both.

The mentorship will not be a formal program, but rather a series of opportunities. Many of us have been busy mentoring in one form or another, the many young men and women who believe that the LAFD should be their life's work. I for one am juggling 8 at this time (two rather loosely), the rest I try to do here by inspiring people to get off their behind and get ready to put it on the line.

Stay Safe and Be Well... and my warmest regards to your BC and Paramedic Preceptors.

Brian