Community Forum

Forum Home  /  Ask Firecareers!  /  Part Time Fire Academy and PT Paramedic School

Part Time Fire Academy and PT Paramedic School

Does anyone know of any part time fire academy and paramedic schools?

I am seeing that most are full time and at this point it might be hard to be out of work for that long, considering I am getting married in Nov (which I am paying for). Does anyone have any advise?

Thanks for all your great info and feedback in prior responses.

I am attending a part time academy right now which is on weekends only from 8-5p.m.. Glendale Arroyo Seco Academy through Glendale community college. You can check out the website to see if it might be the right one for you. Good luck!

Websit address is: http://www.glendale.cc.ca.us/current/departments/fire/index.htm

Good evening, I feel for your delema regarding having to make a living while attending a paramedic program or fire academy. I know it well, Iv'e done both, it can be done. I attended a part time paramedic program while I worked 2 jobs and raised my kids and kept my marrige alive. You might want to check out Kern Co. paramedic program, located in Backersfield Ca. When I attended it was 2 days a week
in an 8 month class room format. I also have heard of a part time Fire Academy though Allan Handcock college which is located off campus in Santa Barabara. I attended Oxnard College fire Academy so I may be wrong about the above. Good luck, you can do this,
PMTWIN @ HOTMAIL.COM
Thank you for your time.
Gabriel Aubert

Greg, Riverside Community College and Crafton Hills College run part time paramedic programs. I am just finishing up the part time medic program at Riverside. You go T,W,Th which leaves the rest of the week to usually work. It's a year long program, but beleive me the time flies. Best of Luck!