Community Forum

Forum Home  /  Ask Firecareers!  /  FFI ACADEMY

FFI ACADEMY

I was wondering whether or not the El Camino College Academy requires any physical tests prior to application and/or acceptance into the Academy? I've made a few calls with some mixed responses
I know the following is required:

1. EMT
2. Fire Tech 1, perhaps a few other pre req courses

Any info related to this will be greatly appreciated
As always, your time you take out of your day in responding to ths is greatly appreciated.

Most Sincerely,

J Park

When I went through El Camino just over a year ago the pre-entrance physical test was a two-parter. One part was to run 1.5 under a certain time (I'm sorry but I can't remember the time). It was definitely do-able though. The other part was a physical ability test, much like the Biddle - several events to be completed in a specified time.

There was also a physical form that needed to be filled out by a doctor so that you're clear for the rigors of an academy.

I'm sorry I couldn't be more specific with times and events, but it's been a little while. I'd say that if you're in decent shape and have taken and passed a Biddle, you'll do just fine. Keep up your cardio and strength training.

Also, I just wanted to add that El Camino was a great academy. It was my first real exposure to the "fire life" and it was a great experience. I am working as a Reserve now and feel my El Camino background has really prepared me to not only do well with my department now, but continue to learn and someday grab that holy grail, uh, er badge.

Good luck to you.

Hey John;

Thanks for your help. I've heard a lot of good things about the academy @ ECC. I planning to attend shortly, or as soon as I can get in. I'll assume that the test date for the physical test will be arranged by the School prior to enrolling?

Thanks again and good luck to you as well!!

JP