Community Forum

Forum Home  /  Ask Firecareers!  /  out of state?!

out of state?!

How you go about applying for out of state jobs, and how you get your certifications to be excepted!??????

This message was edited by PFC on 5-12-03 @ 12:04 PM

You start by calling the agency you want to work for out of state and ask for an application to be mailed to you if you meet the requirements to file.
Most states do not accept out-of-state fire certifications per se. However, you can check in with the State Fire Marshal for the state in question. They may accept your certifications and they may not. You may also be allowed to test for the position and if hired, you will be required to complete local training standards for those state certifications. It is on a case-by-case and state-by-state basis. Some of your prior training may be accepted and some of it may not.
Best Wishes

Thanks !

any other, help would be appreciated!