Community Forum

Forum Home  /  Ask Firecareers!  /  Academy/Med. School Costs

Academy/Med. School Costs

how much does the fire academy cost?
what about medical school?
can someone give me a rough broad estimate, thanks!

Medical School? Wow! That's gonna be pricey!

I'll assume you meant paramedic school.

It depends on where you are. Post again with that info, and I'm sure someone can help you out.

Good Luck.

ya i meant paramedic school. my bad! :)
i live in Orange county. I have heard that some colleges want alot of money but then are some that dont want alot like only 2,000. But they are the same thing so i thing ill just go cheaper.

Skotty:

GO to Saddleback College and check out medic school there. They will have all the information you need.
GO to Rancho Santiago/Santa Ana College and stop in at the Fire Science department. They will have an information packet for you and line you out on what classes you need to take to get into the fire academy.
Rio Hondo College in Whittier (Fire Academy in Santa Fe Springs) and Mount San Antonio College (Walnut/San Gabriel Valley) both have excellent fire science/Fire academies and a phone call will do you good and the folks will get to know you better than just being a voice on the other end of the handset.
Community college medic programs can cost less than most private medic schools but you never know for sure until you have the facts and dollar figures in your hands. Best wishes

This message was edited by tomdeltazulu on 6-25-03 @ 3:52 PM

WHATS UP DUDE IM JUST FINISHING UP WITH PARAMEDIC SCHOOL SCHOOL ITSELF WAS $5600 PLUS BOOKS. ALSO ALL THE MONEY I COULD HAVE MADE WHILE WORKING OT. I WOULD SAY WITH GAS AND FOOD ABOUT $10.000. AS FOR AN ACADEMY ABOUT $1000 TO $3000 START SAVING ITS ONLY GETTING MORE EXPENSIVE NOW. HEY ITS ALL WORTH IT WHEN YOU HAVE THE BADGE. ASTA LUEGO

Thanks guys for all the info. I don't have a job right now because the EMT class is taking all my time up. So my plan is to start playing the lottery.

Some college medic programs only take 35 people a year and receive over 200 applications. If you're not selected, you have lost a year. Step up and pay the $7,000 plus dollars to be in and out of a program in about a year. Don't forget grandparents want you to succeed. Have and present a plan that can help with.
"Nothing counts 'til you have the badge . . . Nothing!"

Fire "Captain Bob"

www.eatstress.com

888-238-3959

Try palomar college in north san diego, they have a full time and part time academy and medic class.I think it was a 500 hundred bucks for equipment and school units for the academy. Medic school was about a grand for the whole thing.The academy is run by local f.d.s and medic school you go to san diego county f.d.s for internship that are provided by school. check out web site. http://www.palomar.edu/fire/paramedic.html