Community Forum

Forum Home  /  Ask Firecareers!  /  Page Problems

Page Problems

The new page does not appear to be netscape friendly, I have always used and wish to continue to use netscape, do you have any suggestions? It's slow to load, the menus lag, and when ever I try and log in and look at new jobs, it always (I repeat ALWAYS) tells me there are no new jobs since my last visit. Prior to today, I havent't logged in in a week, I know there had to be some new postings. Please help.
Buddy

Same thing happened with me.

[email=gm3rd@hotmail.com]GM3rd[/email]

I don't think it's limited to Netscape, because I use IE and get the exact same thing! :(

You may want to upgrade to the latest version of Explorer. Netscape is no longer the main browser available to internet users; the version you are using may be an out of date of a version that is not supported by the new site. You can upgrade your browser to Explorer by visiting

[url=http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/critical/ie6sp1/default.asp]http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/critical/ie6sp1/default.asp[/url]

This should solve the problem, if it doesn't, please contact our office.

Thank you,
Firecareers.com Staff

Thanks PFC.

GM3rd

I think bwallat didn't want to switch to IE.

Bwallat, I don't know about the speed issues, but maybe try one or more of the following for the new 'jobs' and possibly speed issues:

[list]
[*]Delete all your cookies, then visit the site again
[*]delete your temporary internet files (I had a similar problem when firecareer.com disappeared)
[*]make sure your running the latest version of Netscape
[/list]

The forums seem to be running Cold Fusion and the latest Javascript. Updating to the latest Netscape browser might be the best bet. Or see if there are any service packs for Netscape.

Just curious, if you open the page in IE, do you experience the same problems?

If the menus are lagging, that might be the newer version of Java the pages run.

Just a couple things to try.
~M