Community Forum

Forum Home  /  Physical Training  /  O.C. Training Group

O.C. Training Group

Anyone in Orange County want to get together to workout/ run? I was thinking that it would be cool to get those of us that are trying to start our career in the fire service out and training together. It would also be another available time to share ideas and info, (Not Rumors!)Maybe we could go for a run along the beach once a week, or we could run in the foothills, whatever / whenever. Just trying to get the idea ball rolling.
Post ideas, times and location if interested.
Don't be shy!
My vote is for a run along Newport/ Huntingtom beach, Sunday mornings? I live in south O.C. if anyone is interested in running out there also.

That is a great Idea, however I am in northern CA near sacramento, it would be good to have a group of people with similar goals to train with.....
"What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger",(never give up), Lisa.

Los Angeles area would be great, too!

I too would be keen to do this in the LA area. Anyone with suggestions on times and dates?
DAVO
OUT

jettfuel,
I live in North O.C. and would love to get together to train. I live fairly close to Huntington Beach and still not too far from Newport. The only hitch I have is that I am a Paramedic and work 911 on 24 hour shifts. So, I don't have every sunday off. I work a modified Kelly schedule which means I never have the same days off each week.
Let's get in touch though and try to set something up. I think it's a great idea. Hopefully more people will chime in as well. Take care!

mediculus,
I am game for any day of the week pretty much as long as it is not late afternoon/ evening. I think we should do something first part of March, that will allow some time for others to join us and we can set-up when/what/where.
I would be up for a once a month trip to L.A. also.
This is it everyone. Time to speak up!
This message was edited by jettfuel on 2-17-04 @ 3:42 PM

I've just started as an EMT, and we're on the LA County Fire schedule, so my open days vary too. I live in the San Fernando Valley but I'm willing to drive to have someone to work out with (I'll drive farther if it's not cross-town during rush hour!)

I would also be interested in a workout partner if there is anyone in or around the Hollywood/ Burbank area. My schedule is pretty varied but would try to make time as possible.
A. Sacks

It may be beneficial to all groups involved to set-up a consistent meeting time and place. That way, those who can show-up make it on the days they can. Everyone would then know for sure where the PT will be held and wouldn't have to worry about getting information on the location/time on a weekly basis.

I live in the 909 and would love to get together on a regular basis each Saturday morning for a good workout.

Let me know if you're interested.
TAKE IT DAY-BY-DAY!!!

Jettfuel & Mediculus,
This is a great idea. I live in Buena Park, and would be able to train on Sundays or on a rotating schedule. I currently am trraining 5 days a week and would like to create a testing team like i had before. I have just recently returned to the testing. I have a lot of knowledge on fitness and training and would love to work with others.
Thanks,
Contact @ robert@cuthereevents.com

I was curious to know if anyone in South OC is meeting to train? If so, do you have room for 1 more in your group?

I would also like to join this group. I live in HB (obviously) and work out 5-6 days a week at 24 hr fitness on Warner. Going for a beach run or whatever would be great. Let me know.

Mark
mgun74@yahoo.com
This message was edited by MarkInHB on 4-19-04 @ 8:21 PM