Community Forum

Forum Home  /  Seminars  /  FREE FF prep seminars!

FREE FF prep seminars!

Just wanted to pass on that I will be hosting some more FREE firefighter preparation seminars this fall at Chabot College in Hayward, CA (Northern California-just south of Oakland).

***You are invited to attend four FREE seminars to help learn how to better prepare yourself to become a firefighter!***

DATES / TOPICS:

October 5:

- Written Examination Preparation
? Test taking strategies
? Resources to improve your scores
? Mechanical ability / aptitude information
- Physical Ability Preparation
? How to properly prepare yourself
? Overview of the CPAT

October 26:

- Oral Interview related information
? Typical types of questions asked in an oral
? How to properly prepare yourself
? Do?s and don?ts
? What the oral board is looking for
- Paramedic school preparation and overview
- Surviving the probationary period

November 30:

- Firefighter Background Investigation Process
? How to prepare for your background
? Items that will eliminate you from the process
? Documentation / information required

TIME: 6 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. each night

LOCATION (mapquest link at bottom of this page):

Chabot College: Room 1908 (In building 1900)
25555 Hesperian Boulevard
Hayward, CA 94545

INSTRUCTOR(S):

- Greg Vitz ? Captain / Paramedic with the Stockton Fire Department (October 5 and October 26 seminars) and a past graduate of the Chabot College Fire Technology program (including the EMT program and the Firefighter 1 academy).

- Steve Prziborowski - Fire Technology Coordinator at Chabot College and a Captain with the Santa Clara County Fire Department (November 30 seminar)

REGISTRATION / MORE INFO:

No need to register ? just show up. If you have any questions, you can email me at sprziborowski@chabotcollege.edu or call me at (510) 723-6851. Thank you for your assistance; look forward to seeing you there!

Please visit the Chabot College Fire Technology website at www.chabotfire.com for more information on becoming a firefighter.

Here is the mapquest link if you need directions: http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&countryid=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=address&searchtype=address&address=25555+Hesperian+Blvd.&city=Hayward&state=CA&zipcode=94545&search=++Search++

Steve Prziborowski, Captain

Will you be hosting anymore of these seminars for 2005? Mike Grillo advised that if I get the opprotunity to attend one, do so.

Funny you happen to ask that question as I do plan to do some and have not had the chance to post them yet. Well, now is my chance and here is the information:

Wednesday January 26 (Room 2210, in building 2200 at Chabot College) from 6 pm to 9 pm. The topic that night I will be covering is:

Surviving the Firefighter Background Investigation Process

- How to prepare for your background
- Items that will eliminate you from the process
- Documentation / information required
- Each person in attendance will receive a sample background packet so you can start putting together everything now.

And then on Wednesday May 11, 2005 from 6 pm to 9 pm also in room 2210, the following information will be covered:

- Firefighter employment opportunities with the Federal Government. Special guest speaker ? Aaron Woods, Firefighter: Camp Parks (Dublin, CA) Fire Department.

- 25 steps to success in the process of becoming a firefighter. Learn 25 valuable tips to better prepare yourself and earn more points in the overall process. Instructor: Steve Prziborowski, Fire Technology Coordinator at Chabot College and Captain with the Santa Clara County Fire Department.

For more information about these seminars and other related firefighter preparation information, view the latest issue of the Chabot College Fire & EMS News at www.chabotfire.com/Newslttr.htm

Thanks for your interest in the seminars and I look forward to seeing you and anyone else that is interested in showing up there.

Steve Prziborowski, Captain
www.chabotfire.com

Thank you for the information. I look forward to attending.

We here at AHE strongly recommend any candidates out there still testing to attend this seminar. If, while looking at the menu of topics that are going to be discussed, you say to yourself " I know that stuff already ! " then you need to ask yourself why are you still are not hired ?
The fact that Aaron from Camp Park Fire will be speaking is good enough reason to show up. The Feds, even though not looked highly upon by some, is a outstanding stepping stone towards your career with a municipal fire department OR use it towards a career with the Feds. Outside of Calif. [ especially back east due to the fact the pay is pretty much the same across the nation ] the Feds might not be a bad gig to look into. Although the well is running dry in the bay area as far as Fed fireman jobs are concerned, there are still several opportunities in Calif. as well as other parts of the nation, that you'd be surprised that you might be qualified for !
Steve, if you need assistance with anything, please feel free to get ahold of Jack or I. We'd be more than happy to help ya out !
Jack & Rich
AHE

American Health Education...For all your fire and emergency medical service needs.