Community Forum

Forum Home  /  Physical Training  /  Calisthenics vs weight training

Calisthenics vs weight training

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts about calisthenics vs weight training when trying to get ready for a PAT?

i use to be a big weight trainer but received alot of injurys and with calisthenics ive been doing them now for about a year with no weight lifting and have gained about 10 pds. of muscle check out combatconditioning.com theres tons of great info

This is an old thread. BUT: I vote for super setting/doing intervals... calisthenics and weight training.

For example: Smith Machine squat: one set of 12 reps (with your body weight in plates including the bar... ie I weight 135... bar is 45... put a 45 on each side... that equals 135), then 1 minute of jump rope. repeat 6 times. No rest. Increase the weight 10 pounds each squat set. Keep your head above your heart at all times.

Or: Lat pulls (in front!) start with 70% of your body weight and 12 reps. Super set it (no rest) with weighted walking lunges with a 20 in each hand. Increase the weight on your lat pulls by 10 pounds each set until you fail at 6 reps. How many sets will that take??? Keep your head above your heart... your heart rate will get very high!!!

Have fun!

Asante to you!
Dr. Jen Milus, DC
www.fireagility.com
This message was edited by DrJen on 8-10-05 @ 3:34 PM

DrJen......nice to have an expert on these areas!!! Makes it a ot easier to take info to heart!!!! Thanks!
Grab that BRASS RING with all you have