Community Forum

Forum Home  /  Ask Firecareers!  /  dilemma...

dilemma...

Hey guys. For the past couple of days now, I've been thinking about the best possible route to take. I have just completed my EMT course and was planning on working for an ambulance company. To be honest, I know that everyone knows the paramedic route is that way to go...but I feel that my passion is not in it. Therefore, I was thinking about getting a AA in fire science since I already have a BA. I guess thats the only thing going for me right now. If anyone can give me some valuable input on which way to go, it'll be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Why not take all your fire science courses, get your AS in Fire Science and then attend a Basic Fire Academy? After your academy, then think about working for an ambulance company, or maybe get a reserve job somewhere?

You definitely want to get the BFA before you even consider PM school. Trust me.
This message was edited by FF/PM1 on 4-28-05 @ 4:27 PM

thx for the advice ff/pm1. The only things I have under my belt is being an EMT and having a BA. I was confused if I should be pursuing an AS degree in fire science or if I should be working for an ambulance company. I was thinking about doing both at the same time, but the times will conflict. As of now, I'm not too passionate about getting a paramedic's cert. Your advice would be much appreciated ff/pm1. Thanks again.

try to offset the two, EMT in the AM, School in the PM, or visa versa. Also, try to take some fire science courses online. That would help you out even more.
Our scars have the power to remind us that the past was real.