Community Forum

Forum Home  /  Ask Firecareers!  /  Need help w/ a test taking skill

Need help w/ a test taking skill

Someone help me please! Is anyone haveing problems passing a writen test made by CWH Managment Solutions. I'am and having trouble under standing why. The question are litle on the normal math english and genral knowlage topics. The test is full of situational, Jugment, Reasoning, Communication, Motivation, and other skill aptitudes. Not to forget this test format also ask questions about me.

I'm getting frustrated about taking the test when I feel I have answered the test honestly (or is that my misstake?.

Yes I was provided a copy of the 11 page study guide. The study guide provided little questioning and tells alot about the test format. I'm having trouble stuying for this style of test. If anyone has any Ideals please repost or E-mail me w/ any information to help me understand my little problem. Thank you David.

[email=name@domain.com]dcfc1597@aol.com[/email]

David,
It took me around 4 years of intense testing to finally get hired. I took 2 or 3 CHW tests in that time period, as well as a whole lot of other types. It just took practice with the tests themselves. You are correct in that, there is a portion of the test is based on your own personality. I have found that the general idea with these written tests is to be honest, and display a general acceptance and understanding of diversity in life. It is not a mistake to answer these tests honestly. I lucked out and did well on that particular test, when I was in the testing pool to get hired. I feel that it is beneficial to get a FF test preparation book or two. You can get these in the test aid section of major booksellers(such as Barnes and Noble, ect).I had a Barrons one and another one as well. The information in these helped with some of the math problems encountered on the tests, as well as mechanical aptitude, reasoning, and map reading. You WILL get hired if you are determined to do so. It may take you 1 year, 5 years, or more to finally get the job offer. But when you get the offer, all of your hard work and effort is worth all of it, and then some. Best of luck.Take care.Living the Dream-Rob Hulse
Livin'the Dream, RH