Community Forum

Forum Home  /  Ask Firecareers!  /  Education

Education

What is the likelihood of being hired as a firefighter with a D average in AA program?
Thanks Kathy R.
Thank You
Kathy Ramos

I need more information in order to respond to your orginal question. What were the circumstances that you only managed to earn a D average?

Best wishes

It was my brother, he didn't study, and he thinks he can get hired on, in a major fire department.
Thank You
Kathy Ramos

I dont think that a D average can obtain an AA, can it?

I'm not going to say that he won't get hired but he has to remeber how competative it is out there. Many candidates get hire that have AA, BA, BS, Paramedic ect... So his D average would not look so good.

If it is because he does not apply himself, how does he expect to pass probation. When you are on probation you have to take written test, complete manipulative test, and memorize tons of information and recall it at the drop of a hat.

He may also be expected to go to paramedic school someday. In paramedic school if you get one test score below 80%, you fail the program.

Hard question to answer. I will say that an AA or AS degree with a "D" average is by far better then a "D" average without the degree!