Community Forum

Forum Home  /  Ask Firecareers!  /  drug felon

drug felon

to cpt.sprinkler i know you took a look at my message but do you know or have you ever heard of anybody becoming a fire fighter with this kind of charge? is their anything else he could do to fix it?
best wishes paola cervantez

Two major No-No's. Drugs and Felonies.

Obviously, there are two sides to every story and the "slim" possibility of this person having an explanation for the charges and succesfully convincing a department to consider him/her. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

I will go out on a limb and say this individual has SLIM to NO CHANCE of achieving ANY civil service position.

Remember FDNY's Fallen
This message was edited by JLV on 5-20-08 @ 12:38 PM

Someone who was convicted for being in possession of a "date rape drug" will have a VERY difficult time convincing anyone that they can be trusted.

This is a very competitive career and there are thousands of people out there who have a difficult enough time getting hired even without having a history like that.

How do you know it was a date rape drug? I didn't see that in the posting.
Remember FDNY's Fallen

that's what it said in the original question that I saw
http://www.firecareers.com/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=12&Topic=9097&keywords=

"my boyfriend wants to be a firefighter but a has drug felony for being cought with the date rape drug he did his time and regrets it is their still a possibility that he can be a firefighter and do his do his dream job or should he choose a diffrent profession!!!
This message was edited by trotsky on 5-20-08 @ 8:14 PM