Community Forum

Forum Home  /  Ask Firecareers!  /  Show Me The Money!

Show Me The Money!

Would somebody tell me a little info on the pay that emt's and paramedics get working for AMR or any other Ambulance company? This might be too much of a private question to some, but it would really help out. How do you advance in pay once you're hired on?
Thanks and God Bless
eyeonprize

Here are the pay scales for American Medical Response in Alameda County.
0-1 year experience:
Day Car: $16.59 hourly
Night Car: $21.57 hourly
24 hour: $13.43 hourly
For every year of experience with AMR you will go up a step until step 10, which is approximately a 4% increase. In addition, there is a cost of living increase of between 4-6% every year. So count on between 8-10% wage increase every year. Its not spectacular, but its enough to buy a few small toys and pay the rent until you get the badge.

wow those wages are pretty good. i work in the central sierra and AMR modesto dosn't pay near that much for EMT's.

eyeonprize,

I just started working for AMR as an EMT in Sacramento, CA. The EMT payscale is as follows:

24 hour shift = $9.52 an hour
12 hour shift = $12.00 an hour
10 hour shift = $11.08 an hour

What state/area are you in? Pay differs a lot from area to area. The Alameda county pay scale is one of highest in the country and I believe those #'s are Paramedic wages. I hope this helps.

Rob

Sorry guys, I forgot to specify . . . Those numbers I listed ARE Paramedic Wages.