Community Forum

Forum Home  /  Ask Firecareers!  /  Military Experience

Military Experience

I am new to the board and I would just like to say thanks to everyone for the knowledge that they bring to this site, it's really helping me in my path to become a Firefighter.

Well I'll tell you alittle bit about myself, I just graduated on friday from the El Camino Fire academy Class of 98 and I couldn't be happier. I served 4 years in the Navy down in San Diego before relocating up to LA and I loved every minute of it, but it was time for me to go. I recieved an Honorable Discharge.

Basically I been reading ALOT about having an AS or BS degree, but how does Military experience add up? Any advise someone can tell me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Jason

jm_1979:

Welcome!

One of the great features this forum offers is a search function. I'd encourage you to enter the term "military" and see what pops up.

While I am confident you will receive a handful of helpful replies to your inquiry above, the breadth and depth of earlier discussions will also help you realize that opinions vary on how to best utilize your valuable experience.

What will not vary is the need to maintain a winning attitude at all times. Stand straight, move with a sense of purpose, keep that smile on your face and a sparkle in your eye... and no matter what, don't ever offer anything less than your best in everything you do.

Best wishes!

Brian

Please no e-mail. Public replies only. Thank you!
This message was edited by lafdpso on 4-20-03 @ 6:33 PM