Community Forum

Forum Home  /  Ask Firecareers!  /  Public Safety Testing

Public Safety Testing

Ok I have been trying to figure out how to answer the personality questions on their tests. Strongly Agree, Agree, Neutral, Disagree, Strongly Disagree. I have heard a number of different ways and most revert to either having a strong opinion or a middle of the road approach. Does anyone know which way is the right way?
Any help would be great...

Jake,

I did a quick search, as this topic has been brought up before (the search button is in the upper right).
http://www.firecareers.com/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=11&Topic=5680&keywords=Public%20Safety%20Testing%20

The general consensus as far as I can tell is that you answer strongly in either direction. That being said, I personally have not scored extremely high on that test, so I haven't figured it out either.

Hope this helps some.

I have found that when I was testing that I really thought about how I felt. There have been very few questions that I have found I am in the middle about. You should go with you gut feeling and take a stand on these questions. Alot of questions will be right/wrong and they should be obvious to you. You know yourself and should just be truthful. When it comes to the touchy feely questions it is best not overthink the question.

Since I last posted this question I have done some research on those kinds of questions. They have a scoring of 1-5, neutral being a 3 and either strongly agree/disagree being a 5 or 1. I was told to try and go with the 5's if you think you can get them right. Which is the only way to go since people are coming out of this with 98% and above.