Community Forum

Forum Home  /  Ask Firecareers!  /  Some Direction

Some Direction

Hi I just got my NR EMT, I have my CPAT and am currently waiting to be assigned a Background Investigator with LAFD. The situation with the budget has me really nervous and I want to start applying to other stations but do not even know where to start or how to look. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thank you.

Ummmmmmmmmm isnt that why you are here in firecareers.com? Do you have a subscription to the employment side?
Experience is something you usually acquire just after you need it!

Yes it is, thank you for pointing that out. Yes I do have a subscription. Thank you for taking the time to post a reply.

Thor...

Sorry I was interupted last night and did not get to finish what I was going to say. You have a subscription and thats good.

I would suggest that since you have your EMT and CPAt..get a fire service related job. EMT....prevention whatever you can get. Working in the trades can be very beneficial as well.

As far as fire departments go...Look into your area, or decide on places you would really really like to work. Do station visits, see if they are places where you would feel comfortable and fit in. Look for what you want and know what it is that they want as well.

A lot of it just really depends on what you are looking for.

If it seems like LAFD is going to take a longer time then anticipated, look into going to a college fire academy or Paramedic school. Neither of them can hurt your chances and it may open up options that you had not thought of previous.

Hope that helps.

if you need anything else...just ask...someone will answer if not me!
Experience is something you usually acquire just after you need it!

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:
hello, my name is ben, and currently unemployed...understanding that fire departments are in demand for fire control. I am or could be well qualified for any situation....looking for a fire department to join...be advised highschool graduate....references
brother justin bedard
sanbernadino county forestry fire fighter.
brother raymond bedard....works at the pentagon.
and me....still jobe seeking for a call from a fire department that wants to put me on their team..and serve this country fighting fire....please email me....at bedardbenjamin80@yahoo.com....or call me..
thankyou and godbless. :)
BENJAMIN MARK BEDARD
1760-596-3840
brother currently working for sanbernadio county fire department...would love to find a station to work
for...well qualified.

TIKOTC:

What is it that you have (experience, certifications, education, training or otherwise)that leads you to state that you are well qualified?

What do your brothers have to do with your qualifications? Did you gain something from them via osmosis or DNA?

Best wishes

lol @ via osmosis, good stuff